Violation of Court Orders Report

Reporting a violation of a court order:

The Sonoma County District Attorney’s Office and Sonoma County Law Enforcement Chief's Association has implemented a self-reporting system for use by parties to report violations of court ordered custody and visitation situations. The Rohnert Park Department of Public Safety will take no initial action once your report is accepted. The report will be kept on file and will be available only to the court or pursuant to a subpoena deuces tecum for records only. 

A violation of a valid court order, judgment, or temporary restraining order by a named party who has been served with it or knows the contents of the order MAY be a crime; however, every deliberate violation of a court order is not necessarily a criminal act. Where appropriate, the case will be reviewed by the District Attorney’s Office for consideration in filing charges. 

If you choose not to make a custody and visitation violation report, or if you do not have a custody and visitation order, you may want to consider contacting a family law attorney (Bar Association Attorney Referral 546-5297), for advice on how to enforce you order or get the matter before the court. As an alternative, you may contact the Sonoma County Family Law Facilitator’s Office (521-6545).

Who should use this form to report a violation of a court order? 
If you have a valid court order and you believe there is a criminal violation and no physical injury, violence, or threat of violence was involved, you should use this form.

What you need to file a report:
You must include a copy of the current and valid court order which you feel the other party is violating with this report.  If you do not have a copy of your court order you may obtain one at the Family Law Clerks Office located at 3055 Cleveland Avenue, Santa Rosa. It must be a copy which shows the County Clerk’s endorsement and case number. It must be the latest order which has been issued, if there were any modifications made to the original order.

If you do not have a copy of the court order with you, take this packet home with you and complete the report. You can then return with the completed report and a copy of the court order, or mail the report back with a copy of the court order. If there are any witnesses to the violation which you are reporting, you may wish for them to provide a separate written statement.

Instructions for filing a violation of a court order report:

You may complete the fillable form online, or print it out and handwrite it. Include a copy of your most current court ordered documents.  

    1) Mail or drop off the report to:
         Rohnert Park Dept of Public Safety
         500 City Center Drive
         Rohnert Park, CA 94928 
         Attn/ Records